Step 1: Preparing a Ledger device for operation
1. You've initialized your Ledger device. Note: WX.Network supports Ledger Nano S, Ledger Nano X and Ledger Blue models.
2. The latest firmware is installed.
3. Ledger Live is ready to use.
4. Google Chrome, Firefox browser or WX.Network Desktop app is installed.
5. A seed (24-word recovery phrase) of your Ledger device is saved.
Note: learn this article if you lost access to your Ledger device.
Step 2: Install the Waves app on the Ledger device
1. Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
2. Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
3. If asked, allow the manager on your device by pressing the right button.
4. In the Ledger Live catalog, find the Waves app and click Install.
The installation window will appear and your Ledger device will display Processing... then the app installation will be finished.
Step 3: Open the Waves app on your Ledger device
- once the Waves app is installed, use the left or right button to find it on the dashboard.
- press both the left and the right buttons simultaneously to launch the Waves app.
Step 4: Login to your WX.Network account via Ledger
Just follow the step-by-step instructions below to log in to your the account associated with the Ledger device, and this video guidehelps you with this.
1. Make sure your Ledger device is connected, unlocked, other cryptocurrency apps are not running and not intercepting the connection between Ledger and WX.Network wallet. The Ledger Live must be closed as well.
2. Open Waves app on your Ledger device
3. Open https://wx.network/ in browser or install WX.Network Desktop app.
Note: it is recommended to use the Ledger device only with Chrome, Opera or Firefox.
4. Log into your WX.Network account:
4.1. Click on the Log In button (top right corner);
4.2. After that click on the Ledger or Waves Keeper panel;
4.3. Then choose Ledger option;
5. The next window will appear:
Please note that two sections are available to choose an account:
- the All section shows all accounts that can be used with WX.Network
- the Previously used section shows those accounts that you used earlier
Note: the accounts availeble in the Previously Used section are associated with specific Ledger device. If you connect another Ledger device to WX.Network, the list of accounts in this section will be different.
6. Select an account to interact with: set an Account ID manually to choose an account or select an account from the list by scrolling through the avatars.
7. Click Continue and confirm the request on your Ledger device. If you do not sign it, you will not be able to trade on the WX.Network from the Ledger account. When you click Continue you should be able to see the full functionality of the WX.Network app.
How to send cryptocurrency
At the top right corner of the Wallet page (Asset section) click on the Deposit & Withdraw button. In the appeared window, choose the Withdraw option and fill in the form.
In the withdrawal form, you need to:
- select an asset that you want to send in the Select asset field;
- enter the recipient's address in the Enter address field;
- select the network that you want to use withdraw the asset;
- specify the amount of the asset you want to send.
Note: After the destination address entering, the destination network will be chosen automatically. If the destination address has the type which can belong to different networks, you need to select the destination network manually.
After you have entered all the necessary information, click on the Withdraw button and confirm the transaction on your Ledger device.
Add \ Switch Account
Ledger device can hold as many WX.Network accounts as you need. To add another account, start the importing process as described above with Ledger device and WX.Network app and select the required account. After that, the address will be automatically added to the list of accounts used.
To quickly switch between accounts, click on the avatar in the upper right corner, select Switch Account, in the list that opens, you will see all previously added accounts. To go, select an account from the list and click on it.
If the necessary account is not in the list, click on Add account and log in to the account as described above.
If the WX.Network wallet cannot connect to the Ledger device:
- make sure that you are logged into Ledger device and have launched the Waves app in your Ledger device;
- make sure that other apps/sites using Ledger are closed, including Ledger Live;
- make sure that you are using an updated version of Ledger Live, Ledger Firmware, Waves app;
- make sure that you use the latest version of the browser;
- make sure that you are using a "native" cable (the one that came with the Ledger device) to plug Ledger into your PC;
- disable VPN, AdBlock and other extensions/programs that may interfere with the connection between WX.Network and Ledger;
- check out the following guide to troubleshoot connection problems - https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005165269-Fix-connection-issues
If you have any questions related to WX.Network, feel free to contact us via customer support.
tags: use ledger nano device